Advanced Ultrasound Courses Cracow
are unique educational projects aimed at medical professionals interested in developing ultrasound skills in terms of theory and practice. We look after ensuring the optimal number of participants so as to conduct the classes with patients in groups of maximum five trainees on one ultrasound scanner. Accordingly, we do not intend to conduct classes for large groups, which limits access to the coordinators and the interaction during theoretical classes. We avoid mainstream textbook and "web" knowledge, as well as purely academic considerations to be able to effectively present all the topics on the basis of our own experiences, and co-operation with other centres in the world. We guarantee that our vision of education in ultrasound is unique and we ensure that it is worthwhile to compare it with other experiences. Our educational projects are accredited by Polish Ultrasound Society for 2014.
Our target group is aimed at doctors and sonographers performing at different levels of competence in OB/GYN ultrasound. We believe that every participant, regardless of experience, will learn new approaches in the field of diagnostic volume ultrasound.
The aim of the project is to improve the diagnostic competence of sonographers and physicians in the area of:
- ultrasound practice through hands-on sessions with patients;
- image interpretation skills by means of interactive sessions, modern IT tools including laptop workstations basing on a vast library of cases;
- diagnostic and consultative skills through theoretical classes enhanced by interdisciplinary formula including discussions on prognosis and postnatal treatment possibilities;
- pattern recognition for anomalies (synthetic diagnostic teaching instead of well known analytic way, which is typical for screening based teaching).
What distinguishes “Advanced Ultrasound Courses Cracow?
- A coherent program thought over in the smallest detail;
- Internationally recognized teaching staff applying a modern approach to ultrasound diagnostics and training with extensive experience (input in more than 50 international and domestic courses; competence in postgraduate education since 2004);
- Cooperation with experts in various fields of medicine including paediatric cardiac surgery, paediatric neurosurgery, neonatology, operative gynaecology and onco-gynaecology;
- Coordinators present unique technical knowledge, particularly in the context of the latest ultrasound technologies, the lack of concern in the discussion on appliance settings, selection of transducers and applications;
- Organized formula of the practical classes based on competition and teaching how to carry out a full examination under the supervision of coordinators
- Open form of "live scans" with additional transmission of maneuvers with the transducer and operations performed on the ultrasound scanner (during an examination we do not leave the room, moreover, we do not use dimmed lights, we are transparent in what we do so that the participants can benefit from the presented examination);
- Optimum number of participants to assure that everyone takes part in the examination of patients;
- Practical course in the theoretical area on the principles of characteristics and comparisons without debating on standards, embryology and secondary subjects.
- Teaching effective scanning technique and ergonomics;
- Open contact with participants;
- A colourful course book consisting of more than 100 pages of lecture material with practical comments of tutors, hints for practical classes and the basics of training ultrasound scanner handling
- The use of modern educational tools such as phantoms, software that supports the conduction of quizzes (used among others by the Alliance for Continuing Medical Education); software to review the 3D/4D/STIC images; and digital whiteboards.
Our international diadctics
Click to enlarge
We are for the intellectual fair play.
We respect the copyrights of domestic and foreign physicians and sonographers. Therefore, our classes are based only on our own images. We do not "borrow" images or clips from other colleagues, foreign publications or catalogues of ultrasound manufacturers respecting their intellectual property.