Click at the course
you are interested in to check our agenda
Interdisciplinary course for OB/GYN physicians and sonographers
*NEW THIS YEAR: Virtual Reality Scanning of anomalies during lectures based on the designed by us VR appilication
Sonologists: Dr. Agnieszka Nocuń MD PhD (consultant in OB/GYN Ultrasound; Group practice DOBREUSG, Krakow, Poland; domestic and international speaker); Assoc. Prof. Marcin Wiecheć MD PhD (consultant in OB/GYN Ultrasound; Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland; domestic and international speaker; ISUOG International Faculty Member), Prof. Pavel Calda MD, PhD (Head of Fetal Ultrasound Unit, Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic)
Pediatric Cardiac Surgeon: Prof. Jacek Kołcz MD PhD, FECTS (Jagiellonian University in Krakow, world-renowned expert in Pediatric Cardiosurgery)
Why to attaend?
NEW! This year we will implement our new Virtual Reality application for lectures and practical sessions. Our application allows for virtual scanning of Congenital Heart Defects. See the video from the PREMIERE.
If you still have problems with the basics of the cardiac scan and sonographic patterns of key abnormalities despite undergoing courses in the field or if you just starting the adventure with fetal ultrasonography then our course is for you. In our opinion, it’s good to begin fetal ultrasound learning curve from the heart. The form of the course is based upon an advanced, ergonomic examination technique coming from the experiences of the volume ultrasound imaging and the MRI examinations. Abnormalities are presented according to their characteristics in order for the participants to skillfully capture them.
The course allows for understanding of the vast majority of the typical images. The subject of the heart defects is discussed together with an experienced paediatric cardiac surgeon, who also presents the issues of prognosis and treatment possibilities. We care about discussing this matter in a simple and approachable way so as to eliminate the concerns connected with the fetal heart examination. We are focusing much attention to practical classes, which include examinations in the first and the second trimester of pregnancy. An open form of the live examinations helps in understanding of the most effective way of using an ultrasound scanner in examination of the normal and abnormal heart. We present the session of live examinations concerning defects with a cardiac surgeon’s commentary. Every participant receives a colorful textbook with high resolution images including about 200 pages of key comments.
Practical classes are conducted on the basis of 6 scanners in the organized form.
Participants receive tasks to accomplish. Each examination is verified by the tutors.
Hilton Garden Inn Krakow
address: 33 Marii Konopnickiej Street;
30-302 Kraków, Poland
First day (Friday)
Moderator: Prof. Jacek Kolcz
- 8.30 - 9.30 Registration
- 9:30 – 10:30 Sequentional segmantal approach and the technique of fetal heart evaluation in B mode in the 2nd and 3rd trimester
- 10.30 - 10.45 Coffee break
- 10:45 – 11:45 Technique and fetal heart examination basics in Color Doppler, PW Doppler and M mode in the 2nd and 3rd trimester
- 11:45 – 12:45 Left heart anomalies (HLHS, CoA, AoS, critical AoS, IAA, single ventricle heart) with the comment of the cardiac surgeon
- 12:45 – 13:30 Live scan examination
- 13.30 - 14.30 Lunch break
- 14:30 – 15:30 Right heart anomalies (TA, EA, PAIVS, PS): diagnostic tips and prognosis with the comment of the cardiac surgeon
- 15:30 – 16:00 Septal defects (AVSD, VSD: diagnostic tips and prognosis); with the comment of the cardiac surgeon
- 16.00 - 16.15 Coffee break
- 16:15 – 18:45 Practical classes ( I group)
Second day (Saturday)
Moderators: Prof. Pavel Calda, Prof. Jacek Kolcz
- 8:30 -11.00 Practical classes (II group)
- 11:00 – 12:45 Conotruncal anomalies (d-TGA, I-TGA, ToF, PA+VSD, DORV, CAT): diagnostic tips and prognosis; with the comment of the cardiac surgeon
- 12:45 – 13:30 Fetal heart examination in the 1st trimester (gestational age, transabdominaly or transvaginaly, visualization effectiveness, CHD detection effectiveness, patterns of typical anomalies; TR and DV, scanner settings)
- 13:30 – 14:15 Lunch break
- 14:15 – 15:00 Do we still need first trimester visualization in the era of NIPT? (prof. P. Calda)
- 15:00 -15.30 Diagnostic tree in case of suspicious fetal heart.
- 15.30 - 15.45 Rare anomalies of fetal heart structure and function.
- 15:45 – 16:00 Coffee break
- 16:00 – 17:00 Diagnostic web-based Test
- 17:00 – 17:45 Discussion on the Test results. The most common mistakes.
- 17.45 Summary of the course
2nd Ed. Advanced First Trimester Course.
Sonographic and Genetic Aspects
Prof. Tullio Ghi, Italy
Dr. Francesca Romana Grati, Italy
Dr. Tomasz Roszkowski MDPoland
Assoc. Prof. Marcin Wiechec, Poland
Dr. Agnieszka Nocun, Poland
ISUOG accredited international seminar.
Venue: Aparthotel, Lwowska 1, Krakow, Poland
Dates: 27-28 September 2019